Sunday, December 8, 2019

Toy Stories


I received an email about this Snips and Snails blog today. It was just a general email from Blogger.com letting me know recent statistics about Snips and Snails.  What’s odd is that I don’t remember getting even ONE email like this for the past...uh...7 years! Kyle was about 12 years old and Carson was about 9 when I last posted.

The universe works in weird ways. I took this photo yesterday and thought, “I wish I still blogged” and here we are. Kyle is 19, Carson is 16 and we are selling our home.  “Oh yea, you guys think this is a big joke.  We’ve only got one week left before the move.  I don’t want any toys left behind.  A moving buddy - If you don’t have one, get one!”

In a conversation with some friends about this move, someone mentioned not wanting to leave the house they raised their kids in and I proudly announced “I am not attached to anything. SELL!”  Then, in the middle of cleaning out Kyle’s room yesterday, I looked at the top shelf of the closet and saw Buzz and Woody, our old pals!  They looked so discarded and lonely. Kyle is away at college and my heart broke.

We must have watched all the Toy Story movies a million times.  Kyle had been Woody and Buzz for Halloween so many times that I remember wishing he would pick something else.  Carson wanted that Woody doll and made me put his name under Andy’s name.  (Kyle’s faded name is on the other boot.) Kyle used to call my dad “Grandpa Woody” because they liked to watch the movie together too. Woody and Buzz and all the toys taught so many lessons about friendship, growing up, and perspective. Don’t worry Woody and Buzz!  We wouldn’t think about leaving you behind!

 “I can’t stop Andy from growing up but I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” - WOODY

“Now Woody. He’s been my pal for as long as I can remember.  He’s brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart.  But the thing that makes Woody special is he’ll never give up on you...ever. He’ll be there for you no matter what.” - ANDY





No comments:

Post a Comment